Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter Cleaning

I have been working the last several days on cleaning up files. I have lots of files stored all over my several computers. I am consolidating all of my files to my laptop and have begun setting up daily, weekly and monthly backup scripts to back them up to the server.

The reason that I am doing all of this is that I am going to be commuting to school in Harrisburg (an hour and a half away) and I don't want to get their only to realize that the file I need is back at home.

I am considering also setting up a remote ftp to my server so that I can access any backups that I need, but I am not sure yet what program is the best to use.

In other news I have started to use a program called Chore Wars that lets you turn household chores into a game. I thought it would be neat to work it out so that when I have kids that are old enough to have their own responsibilities around the house, we can make it into something fun.

Up until now this has been a private blog that I kept as a personal journal. It has not exactly been completely private as anyone who searches for me can find it, but I have not been advertising it to anyone. I think I might start. And as I am working to build a web based business this means I will have to go through and make sure there is nothing that might turn off perspective customers.

I think that very few people today think about there web presence, and I think people really should. The first thing that I would do as a perspective employer or customer is search the web to see if I can find anything out about the interviewee. In the past this was almost stalkerish, but now it has become standard practice.

No comments: