Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving...

I never liked the holidays. It is always too chaotic for me, but this year Thanksgiving is off to a good start. Had some fun with the friends and a few drinks. Meeting my folks tomorrow for dinner and I think I will try to continue my tradition of watching It's A Wonderful Life in the evening.

Tonight did however get me thinking that chaos is what has really been bothering me over the last few months. I know it is because of my OCD symptoms, but I do not like chaos. I take great comfort in order. I am really going to try and start to have a routine that I can follow. I just hope I can do it without adding more anxiety. The problem with a routine when you have OCD is that if it gets too inflexible it can be drastically worse than chaos. If you are so stuck to the routine that it causes panic attacks when you do not follow it, then it is much, much worse. Trust me. I've been down that road before.

No comments: